BOISE, Idaho (AP) — A lawsuit has been filed by three people who say they became ill after eating sandwiches made at the Boise Co-op in 2015.

The Idaho Statesman reports (http://bit.ly/2qFzsHi ) each of the three plaintiffs claim they suffered damages of more than $10,000 each. The co-op had a salmonella outbreak two years ago, which left hundreds of customers sick.

The sandwiches had been bought and eaten between June 5 and June 11, 2015. Two had been purchased at the Co-op's Boise location, while the third was bought at a food shop at the Boise Airport.

The two-year statute of limitations for filling a lawsuit runs out in a few weeks.

Co-op marketing manager Mo Valko and Boise attorney Michael Brady, who represents the Co-op, could not be reached Thursday for comment.

___

Information from: Idaho Statesman, http://www.idahostatesman.com

Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.